Cvent surveys are now available in the Cvent Salesforce App!
- Create survey programs in Salesforce link them to surveys in Cvent.
- Set up data transfer settings and store your survey data in Salesforce objects.
- Sync contact, custom contact, respondent, and answer data from Cvent
- Sync survey data on a per-program basis.
The survey program lets you perform the following:
- Include questions for data transfer: Choose the survey questions whose responses must be transferred to Salesforce. As responses come in, answers will automatically be created in the Survey Answers object for the questions selected here.
- Create a new record in Salesforce: Choose this option to create a new record in Salesforce for each response submitted in the Cvent survey. Customers typically use this for lead generation, case logging, task creation, or creating records in a custom object whenever a response is submitted. You can also apply filters to create records only for those responses that meet the specified criteria.
- Update an existing record in Salesforce: Choose this option to update an existing salesforce record with the response sent from Cvent. Customers typically use this configuration to map the ratings and feedback submitted back to the salesforce record like a case for a case-closed survey.
- Sync survey data on a per-program basis: Open the program you want to sync the data for and start the sync by clicking the “Sync Respondent Data” button. Respondents and answers for this program only will be retrieved from Cvent. The rest of the programs in your org won’t be affected.
- Installing this app will not affect your Inquisium App for Salesforce. The programs in Inquisium App will continue to work as expected without any interruption
- You’ll need to manually update metadata if you’ve upgraded the app from version 5.1 or below. (New installations and upgrades from above 5.1 don’t require this manual update.) To do so, go to Setup > Visualforce Pages and open “App Configuration Page” in preview mode. Find the “Update Metadata after Package Upgrade” section and click the “Update Metadata” button.
- You’ll need to retrieve Cvent fields if you’ve upgraded the app from version 5.6 or below. To do so, go to Cvent Admin and click the “Retrieve Cvent Fields” button. This step is not needed if you don’t use Cvent custom fields.